Saturday, July 2, 2011

If at first you don't suceed, try, try again....

So off I went to the West End, to procure Ruth and myself some tickets to something.  Preferably Les Mis, but on arrival at that Theatre, the only tickets they had available were either 50 pound box seats or 10 pound standing tickets, and I was neither going to pay for those box seats nor stand for 3 hours, when I can buy them for much cheaper online for a different day.  Apparently Les Mis doens't do Day Tickets....  So I then went next door, and got two tickets to see Lend Me A Tenor!!  
Goal for Today: Accomplished. 

And now for the rediculously touristy sightseeing!  I started at Westminster Abbey.  This gave me a wonderful break from the thunder storm that had just sprung up out of nowhere!  It is so beautiful inside!  And they still had a lot of displays and information on the Royal Wedding!

Westminster Abbey
 And then a took the tube a few stops down, so that I could walk across the Millenium Bridge.  Why did I want to do this? Well, no reason, I just wanted to....
The Millenium Bridge
 Through the woods and over the bridge, to the Globe Theatre I go!  The Globe just happened to be on the other side of the Millenium Bridge...  I was going to go through the exhibition, but there was a matinee that had just started, so you couldn't actually go into the theatre, which was a bummer, so I'll have to come back another day!

The Globe Theatre

After all of these adventures, I made my way back to the flat, so that I could meet up with Ruth and go to the Theatre!  And Lend Me A Tenor was wonderful!! I highly recommend it to anyone in London that wants to laugh for 2 1/2 hours.  I'd never heard the music before, but it was surprisingly catchy, so I'll probably invest in the soundtrack when it comes out!!

Tomorrow I'll be taking the train from King's Cross up to Edinburgh for my adventure through Scotland!!

Cheers!
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment